Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Classic Iron

Among the other fabulous cars I saw at the Howard County Fair a couple weekends ago was this lovely back number. Love this freakin' hearse. Check out the custom coachwork, including side panels that look like curtains. At first glance I thought they were some sort of plastic do-dads added in the 70s - but it's actually STEEL, people! The owner had photos of the unrestored car with rust covering those drapery panels. I've never seen anything like it - a real looker.



Below is a gorgeous 1940 Buick. The sign says "96 produced. This is allegedly the extant version with dual side mounts." So this one might be worth some bank.


Also of interest to me, thanks to my Mopar jones, was a gorgeous Chrysler Imperial. A few shots - check out the fabulous tail-lights, and the headlights-on-stalks. Car also had a push-button automatic transmission (which makes an enormous amount of sense, when you think about it). Some fascinating details.




































More cars to come in my next post. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment