Monday, August 24, 2009

Classic Car Show at the Howard Country Fair

I found my grandfather's car at the
Howard County Fair auto show a couple weeks ago. OK, not EXACTLY my grandfather's car, but a twin sister. On what had to be one of the hottest days of 2009 (and brightest, judging by my over-exposed photos), I drove up to the fairgrounds to have a gander at the antique machinery.

And there it was: a 1973 Chevrolet Caprice, a near twin of the burgundy Classic I bought from my grandfather in 1992. To this day, I wish I hadn't sold that cherry ride. Burgundy paint, black vinyl hard top, immaculate burgundy cloth interior, pillarless doors, and a honking V-8. Nice.

The green and white example at the fair was a real looker, too, in excellent condition. I had a nice chat with its owner, a delightful older gentleman who's owned the car for 40 years.

Here are a couple more images of that fabulous ride that brought back a lot of memories.


Stay tuned for more images from the show - lots of nice iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment